Sunday, October 17, 2010

Halloween Cake Pops!!!

So this past weekend I decided to make Cake Pops, but I had some help in making them. John my boyfriend was home from Washington Dc, so he helped me make them and decorate them.Since it is the month of October, we decided to do some Halloween themed ones! We made tons of pumpkins, ghosts, and just one mummy!!! They turned out to be awesome! And definitely fun to eat!!!

I used Bakerella's chocolate cake recipe! And also her cream cheese icing recipe as well. They the two combinations turned out great!

We ran into a few problems, one was we made some of the cake pops to big, so we will know next time to make them smaller. We learned that if you melt some chocolate and put it on the stick, put the stick into the cake pop then put it in the fridge for about 2 hours. That when you go and dip it into the chocolate that cake pop will not fall off of the stick. (I highly recommend that). Also, if you put vegetable oil in the melted chocolate it makes the chocolate easier to coat the cake pop!!!!!!!

Here are some of my Cake Pops that John and I decorated and on Saturday!!!!











These are the Cake Pops that that just failed! But that did not stop anyone from eating them!!!!!


I hope you enjoyed my Cake Pops!!! Thanks John for all of your help! Safe journeys back to Washington tomorrow!!!!


Enjoy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment