Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tarallucci Cookies!!!

This blog posting is a little late than my normal posts!!! It's currently 12:36 am and I am ready to pass out, today was a very long day. John was over tonight, we made Tarallucci tonight. They are an Italian cookie, that has Anise in them, but is topped with icing and sprinkles for fun!


It's tradition in my family to make them for major holidays such as Christmas and Easter(along with many other cookies)! The colors may vary, but nonetheless it doesn't take away from their taste!


Here they are plain, before you coat them in icing and decorate them with sprinkles!
I like them plain like this, but many other people prefer them with the icing!



Here they are all 'fancied' up!!!






Here they are on the tray, well...only some of them! I believe when John counted them there were around 85ish!


The Recipe

6 Eggs
5 Cup Flour-All Purpose
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Oil
tsp. Salt
2 Tablespoon Vanilla
2 Tablespoon Baking Powder
Anise to taste(What you want it to taste like...no set amount)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix all of you wet ingredients in my mixer(creaming method)
Then add all of your dry ingredients- a little at a time

To make the Tarallucci shape, grab a piece of dough. Roll out with you hands to about an inch to an inch and a half. It should look like a little rope, not to thin. Then take and wrap around your pointer finger(the top part), it should look like a spiral.

Then Place on a grease cookie sheet about an half in to an inch apart. They will rise in the oven.

The bottoms of the cookie should be a golden brown...not brown! Then take them out of the oven and let cool.

For the icing

about a 1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar
Water- add a table spoon in the Powdered sugar at a time
Food Coloring- Wilton Gel, or the normal liquid dye

Mix all together. The icing should be thick, but not too thick. You don't want it runny.

Once icing is on add your sprinkles, or any kind of edible decoration you want.

Or you could just leave them plain!!! That is totally up to you!!!


Have fun with them, they are great because they are so versatile! They go with any kind of holiday!!!


A little update!

I got straight A's in my classes this mod, so I am still currently on the Deans List!

On Friday, I would have considered it a easy/ fun day. We made breakfast, doughnuts, and make sugar cookies! It was definitely more relaxed out of all the other days!

here are some pictures!!!



French Doughnuts..they kind you can get at Dunkin Donuts!!! I like sweets, but I have to admit the biggest weakness are doughnuts!!! They are just so fantastic!!! I can eat them all the time!!!



Tree Sugar Cookies!!!



Snowflake sugar cookies!!!


They were a lot of fun to make!


As of right now there are 5 days until Christmas!
I have a lot to do!

Make my gingerbread houses
hopefully make my gingerbread cookies....anyone know any good recipes????
Make Bakerella Cake Pops for a party on Tuesday
Also make struff...I've never made it before! If you like fried things and honey...they you would like this!!

So this means that there will be a few extra posts this week!!!!

Furthermore, I think John and I are going to make a Julia Child Dinner one night!!!

Keep Posted for my future posts!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment