Sunday, November 7, 2010

Rose and Pearl Birthday Cake!!


My Gumpaste flowers!! I love the colors!!!


My mom just turned 45 this weekend! So I made her birthday cake! I decorated it with roses and pearl sprinkles. I made the roses out of Gumpaste that I colored with Wilton Gel.



We had spaghetti which is my moms favorite food, with salad, and garlic bread! And her cake for dessert!!!

It was a really nice relaxing evening!!!!


Here is my moms birthday cake!!!!! Enjoy!!



All frosted and waiting to be decorated! I love to frost a cake...it's so relaxing!


All decorated with roses and pearls!



Top view!



Black and White photo! The while flower looks awesome!







All pretty with candles!!!!!




I hope you enjoyed my photos! I was really nervous about working with Gumpaste! If you never have worked with Gumpaste it is really nice to work with! Do not be afraid to try it out! Just got for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah,

    Saw that you were a new follower of my blog. Thanks for joining! I love this cake you made for your mother. I wish I knew how to work with gumpaste but it's just not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica,
    You're welcome for joining your blog, I found it to be really interesting!!! Thank You for liking my moms birthday cake! To be honest I have never worked with Gumpaste until yesterday. I was absolutely nervous! Thankfully I have some friend that know how to work with it and they gave me some pointers. It's really nice to work with, it's kind of like working with play-dough, but a little more stiffer. You can do so much with it, I'm definitely a fan! If you ever decide to work with it, let me know I will give you some pointers! Also, Youtube is great as well on how to use Gumpaste!

    I can't wait to read more of your blog!! If you even need advice on how to do something I will try my best to help you. I'm still learning myself. I hope to hear from you soon!!!!

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cake!! It looks absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You! I had a lot of fun making it!!!

    ReplyDelete