Sunday, October 31, 2010

Cookies for Dana!

At work friday a co-worker named Dana came over to me and asked me to make cookies. So I was inclined to make cookies this weekend. All those hours at work I totally forgot to ask her what kind of cookies does she not like. So hopefully she likes M&M Cookies, they are one of my favorites.

Where I live Halloween was celebrated on Devils night, I think that is because it there is a Steeler game tonight. When I was little even if Halloween was on Sunday, Trick-or Treating was always on Halloween. So this year it was a little different feeling. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, but this year for me it was extremly boring, it definitely could have been a lot better. My sister and the kids stopped over, they looked cute in their outfits. I will have pictures up of them on this post.

Futhermore, this week I only have 3 days of class which is really exciting. So I have a four day weekend. So starting November 8 I will have new classes, French Breakfast Pastries, and Purchasing and Controlling. So the French Pastries will lead to more posts coming up.

Next weekend is my moms 45th birthday, so I will be making her cake, and I believe I am going to do something with roses since those are her favorite flowers. So I hope that it turns out the way I envisioned it to be. We'll see......

I have to admit, I was hoping that these cookies would turn out because they are considered a Sugar Cookie, and me and Sugar Cookies do not mix well. They usually sit the the pan, become hard and break off. What really baffles me is that I can make a perfect Chocolate Souffle, but can not manage to make sugar cookie to save my life. But today, I was able to make them, so I think this would call for a celebration.

So Dana these cookies are for you and I hope you enjoy them!!!!!




M&M's!! I think the bag that I bought was a little to big, because I have so much left over!! I really love the peanut M&M's more.



The batter! I was once in class, and appearantly I was smelling everything we were making, and another student commented on it. And I said I smell everything before I eat it. (I get the habit from my mom) And my Chef heard and said "it's good that she smells it before she eats it, I have fired employees for not tasting the batter." So now I am in the habit of smelling and tasting things a bit more. That's why I don't eat anything I make.

Here is the website in which I got my recipe for the M&M cookies off of!
">




Waiting to be decorated before going into the oven!


All ready now!!




35 colorful cookies awaits Le Cordon Bleu students!!



The little guy lost the battle. He would have made 36....



Savannah as Tinkerbell for Halloween!!



Timmy as a Dragon for Halloween!!



I don't know if anyone knows that, that sign is still correct. It is supposed to say Pizza Hut. But instead it says Za Hut. Alittle trivia, Za means pizza! I learned that while playing scrabble with John one summer! So even though the word Pizza is missing most of it's letters ZA still makes up for the missing letters.


Happy Halloween!!

2 comments:

  1. They look delicious. I think I might try them out and bring them into work. If I keep seeing all these yummy recipes my co-workers are going to all be fat :)

    ReplyDelete