Saturday, April 23, 2011

Plated Desserts!

Over the last few weeks in class I have been learning how to properly plate...plated desserts. I have to admit this is one of my favorite classes I have taken. It is a ton of work but definitely worth it in the end. And let me just say that the desserts are 'deeeelish'!! It certainly helps with my once-a-day sweet tooth.


There is a lot more that goes into a plated dessert than what you think it would be.

When it comes to a plated dessert there are 5 components:
1.Fruit- for nutritional purposes, also adds color.
2.Crisp- The crunch factor, things such as cookie..pate sucre, pate sablee
3.Sauce- there should be at least 2 different kinds of sauce
4.Garnish- Can be chocolate....edible flowers, herbs, etc
5.Base-Is what the main dish such as a cheesecake...lave cake...etc, it's what you order!

All these components have to be presented in a plated dessert according to Le Cordon Bleu standards.




Chocolate filled with two different sauces! My first plated dessert time!




Chocolate Cigarettes!!!!




My chocolate curls!



Panna Cotta! This is one of my favorite desserts!



Key Lime Pie!!



This was a sponge cake with fruit in the center.



S'Mores Dessert! This was awesome as well!






This is one of my favorite plated desserts that I made!! Awesome tasting as well!!!!




I absolutely love this class! There will be more pictures up soon! Stay Posted!

Happy Easter!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment