Sunday, July 17, 2011

Scooby Doo Birthday Sheet Cake

This past week my nephew Timmy turned 7! My sister had me make his birthday cake, she wanted half chocolate and half vanilla. And she wanted a full sheet cake. I have never made a full sheet cake before so I was definitely up for this challenge.


I bought half sheet cake pan a by 2a.m. the cakes were wrapped in saran wrap and chilling in the fridge.

Timmy wanted a Scooby Doo cake, in previous years it was either Sponge Bob or Spider Man...so I was really excited when he wanted Scooby Doo...I was happy because Scooby is just absolutely adorable.

I was not sure about how I wanted Scooby Dooo to look, so I googled Scooby Doo expressions and found a couple of them I really liked. On the cake Scooby Doo's is constructed of Fondant that I colored.

I used a very simple Buttercream for the entire cake.

My Buttercream

4 Sticks of butter-Sweet and Creamy works well
4 cups of Powdered Sugar- keep adding it in until you get the consistency you want
1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
1 Teaspoon of Ultra Pasteurized Heavy Cream

**Mix all together, if it is to thin add more powdered sugar!**
But for my sheet cake I tripled the recipe...at one point I had to go back to the grocery story for more butter.

Here is Timmy's Birthday Cake...............







I hope you like his cake....and I sure hope Timmy does!


Keep posted for upcoming posts!

3 comments:

  1. Your cake turned out SO CUTE!!! Lovin the fondant scooby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. do you have a button? I'm thinking of doing a button swap soon and I would love to have yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dani...I just got your comment! Thank You so much for liking my scooby doo cake! What is a button swap?

    ReplyDelete