Monday, August 22, 2011

Pinehurst!




Good evening everyone!
I promise I have not forgotten about updating my blog at all! I moved to North Carolina last weekend, the entire time down to NC I hit nothing but horrible rain storms on the road...where as on the highway the normal speed was like 55mph I was going 5mph. It was absolutely insane. But I had it down here safe and sound!

My condo I got with another student that I go to school with is really nice. We live right on a golf course.Which it neat, because every morning you see golfers out there playing golf. Which is really neat to see.

I had internet at the condo when I first arrived and I started writing a blog post but then I got distracted and I put in under drafts...then that same night our wireless internet stopped working. So I have not had internet at my condo for several days now. Which is really annoying and inconvenient because even though I am on externship I still have weekly journal assignments that I need to do...and the internet is quite vital to complete the assignments.

Anyways, I had orientation on Wednesday...it was great! Pinehurst is absolutely beautiful! There are golfers everywhere riding around in their golf carts...then even ride on the roads sometimes it's crazy!

This past Friday was my first day at work...and I was soo nervous because if it was anything like my restaurant practical I would not like working at Pinehurst...but it wasn't it is the complete opposite!The bake shop is really laid back...and the people that work in it are just wonderful..they don't made you feel stupid if you don't understand something.Which I like and it makes it easier to learn and be more comfortable around them.

I am currently working the shift 7am to 3pm...thankfully I only live like 3 minutes away driving which is really nice...less gas I have to use! So far I have baked tons and tons of cookies...muffins...plated some desserts...I do a lot but it is so much fun!I actually look forward going to work, but I have to admit my feet hurt by the end of my shift!

Anyways here are some pictures of the area:


I had to share my rainbow picture that I took while I the passenger of my car on the way down to NC! This was after a huge rain storm!


The front of Pinehurst Resort...but only half of it! This place is absolutely huge and sooo beautiful inside!


My backyard at sunset!


Fruit dipped in Chocolates that I did in the bakeshop!



Guest Amenities...this is one of their options. I did this today...for 6 chocolate covered Strawberries it costs about $35.00 dollars.


A chocolate covered Strawberry with the pinehurst symbol of on! I absolutely love this one! It's one of my favorites!

I hope you enjoyed my photos! Please keep posted...I'm trying to resolve my internet issues so I can do more blog posts! But I DO NOT forget about you guys!

Be safe!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment